Report No 4 On The Events Of El-Geneina And The Health services Situations
Central Committee of Sudan Doctors
Report No. (4) on the events of El Geneina and the health service situation
*The number of killed people confirmed by CCSD was (19)* , of whom only 5 were autopsied, and their deaths occurred between last Friday and yesterday afternoon.
▪️ The five dissected Details as follows :
- (4) injured in the chest
- (1) injured in the abdomen.
This brings the total number of dead we confirm to (196).
The committee note the following:
- All of the dead had a gunshot wound.
- This numbers are what the committee were able to count.
- The counted numbers includes the two parties to the conflict and other non-participating parties. Noting that the extent of the damage varies, but its numbers are not completely accurate to us.
- The committee could not know the sites of injury in the body of non autopsied people.
Concerning the situation of hospitals, we confirm that :
- The emergency department of El Geneina Teaching Hospital have been reopened, as well as the operating room and the laboratory.The other departments have not returned to work yet, but expect them to return in the coming days if the state of relative calm continues as it is now.
CCSD's Media Office
April 29, 2022