Report on the Injuries and Deaths due to Excessive Use of Cartridge Weapon against Sudanese Civilian Protesters since the 25th October 2021 coup till the 21st March 2022. 4 Martyrs and 327 injured, victims of the new deadly weapon: The Cartridge
Central Committee of Sudan Doctors
Report on the Injuries and Deaths due to Excessive Use of Cartridge Weapon against Sudanese Civilian Protesters since the 25th October 2021 coup till the 21st March 2022.
4 Martyrs and 327 injured, victims of the new deadly weapon: The Cartridge
Since the day of the of the Coup, up to this day, the peaceful protesters have been subjected to various types of violence, with the intention to kill. Those violent practices ranged from killing with live bullets, beatings with rifle butts, the use of car run-down over the bodies and the direct targeting of the protesters with tear gas and sound bombs.
Recently, we have been working on series of reports under the tag of:
(The New Killer)
We have noticed that (Cartridge Weapon) is being extensively used in the marches of February and March, causing the deaths of a number of protesters and resulting in hundreds of sustained injuries of varying degrees, some of which were serious.
Surgery for such injuries is complicated, due to the difficulty of removing the scattered fragments that settle next to some vital organs.
The Coup forces do not hesitate to use any lethal force, as they are confident of the immunity they have against punishment.
Moreover, there is a distinct administrative slackness from the government of the generals. Police and the Prosecution are not playing their role in investigating these violations to human rights. Up to this moment, no investigation reports of violence or violations were submitted to the authorities.
In the year 2019, the Cartridge Weapon was used in killing Martyr Dr.Babiker Abdel Hamid. That was the first time that we observed the use of this deadly weapon.
Since the October 25th Coup, the Cartridge Killer Weapon has been extensively used in suppressing the protests marches.
Up to this day we have documented (4) deaths and (327) cases of injury by this deadly Killer, with confirmed some other mild injuries which fall outside the scope of our inventory, as they are treated by field teams.
- in the 21st of March anti-coup protests, we monitored 101 cases of Cartridge injury, including a case of serious eye injury, during the processions of the city of Wad Madani in the Gezira State, that ultimately led to the loss of the eye.
- Also serious injuries to the head, neck, chest, abdomen and thigh, some of which required surgical intervention, and some of the injured are still hospitalized.
-In conjunction with imposing sanctions by US on the Central Reserve Police - with its combat missions - whose members, with the participation of the police and other military forces, committed murders with this weapon.
We issue these reports, documented by numbers, to demonstrate the criminal attitude of these forces and their other partner forces .
Here are some details of the deaths and injuries resulting from the use of the Cartridge Wbeapon:
The total number of deaths are (4) :
1. Muhammad Ibrahim Al-Nakhli,17 years old,killed by scattered gunshots causing wounds to neck and chest, on the February 14th anti-coup protests. He died on the same day.
- The site of the
2. Muhtadi Haider Othman, (26) years old, killed with scattered gunshot wounds to the pelvis and thigh, Muhtadi was among the injured of February 14 anti-coup protests, and his soul rose on February 26, 2022.
-The site of the injury: Omdurman.
3. Mohab Adel Qassem Al-Sayed, (14) years old, shot in the abdomen and chest.One of the injured of the February 28 anti-coup protests, and his soul rose on the same day.
-The site of the injury: Bahri.
4. Ahmed Maqam Al-Din, (13) years old, shot in head, injured in March 17 anti-coup protests and his soul rose on March 20.
-The site of the injury: Omdurman.
The total number of injuries reached (327):
-On 21/3/2022: 101 gunshot wounds
-On 17/3/2022: 70 gunshot wounds
-On 15/3/2022: 1 cartridge hit
-On 14/3/2022: 35 cartridge hits
-On 10/3/2022: 21 cartridge cases were hit
-On 8/3/2022: 51 shotgun injuries
-On 03/03/2022: 1 cartridge hit
-On 28/2/2022: 25 gunshot wounds
-On 24/2/2022: 1 cartridge hit
-On22/2/2022: 2 cartridge cases were hit
-On 2/21/2022: 1 cartridge hit
-On 14/2/2022: 14 cartridge cases were hit
-On 7/2/2022: 4 gunshot wounds
#Stop the use of cartridges against the protesters
CCSD's Media Office
March 25, 2022